The Job & Business Academy at Central Library offers certificates of completion for basic computers and Microsoft Office for customers who complete required classes, exercises and assignments.
The Basic Computers Certificate requires completion of the following classes and assignments.
- All of the following classes
- Introduction to Computers
- Introduction to Internet
- Introduction to Email
- Plus two of the following
- Google Accounts
- Choose one project and submit it through JobMap Messages
- Create and populate a Social Media Profile
- Research a large purchase (anything you want)
- Decide what to purchase using reviews
- Explain your purchase and provide links
- Plan a trip!
- Figure out where you would like to go
- Research flights, hotels, and things to do when you get there
- Then tell us all about it! Make sure you provide links
Once you have completed all class, exercises and assignments, a JBA Technology Trainer will review your work and issue you a certificate of completion.
The Microsoft Office Certificate requires completion of the following classes and assignments.
- Complete all of the following classes
- Beginners Word
- Intermediate Word
- Beginners Excel
- Intermediate Excel
- Beginners PowerPoint
- Intermediate PowerPoint
- Choose one project and submit it through JobMap (upload the document)
- Create a family recipe book. Include a table of contents and photos
- Create a monthly Budget Document. Include a separate tab for each month
- Create a Family Photo Album. Include at least 10 slides, with transitions and at least 3 different slide layouts
Once you have completed all classes, exercises and assignments, a JBA Technology Trainer will review and issue you a certificate of completion.
Please call 718-990-5148 to enroll in a certificate track.