Are you just learning how to use the internet? Don't know where to start? Use these practice exercises to get you going,
Internet Practice Exercises
Exercise A: Search Engine
1. Find Aer Lingus on google.com (search engine)
2. Choose the first link which is named Cheap Flights
3. Then click on the contact link. Write down the phone # to call here in the U.S.
4. Afterwards click on the home link and find price tickets to Dublin. Choose the following:
- One way flight
- In the TO section, type : Dublin
- Choose any date
- Click the Book Now button
Exercise B: Address Bar & Links
1. In the address bar, type: mta.info, then hit the enter key to go to the website
2. Click on the MAPS link
3. Click on the Individual Subway Line Maps link
4. Click on the letter N
5. Find the last stop of that subway line
6. Click on subway line you are not too familiar with and find its last stop
Exercise C: Search Box
1. In the address bar type the following: metmuseum.org
2. In the Search Box located on the upper right side of the window, type: Romare Bearden and then press ENTER
3. Click on the first link named THE BLOCK and find the gallery this painting is located at.
Exercise E: Images
1. Click on the IMAGES link
2. Type in the search box: Google logo
3. Right-Click and copy the chosen image
4. Open Microsoft Word and paste it on the document
Exercise F: News
1. Click on the NEWS link
2. Find some interesting news about the Google logo or just Google
3. Copy a few sentences and paste it on your word document
Exercise G: Maps
1. Click on the MAPS link
2. Type in the search box: Top of the Rock
3. Write down the address
Exercise H: Websites + Search Engine (Google)
1. On google.com find a Weather Website
2. Find what the weather is going to be like for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
3. Write it down
On GOOGLE find a website that allows you to obtain a copy of your Birth Certificate:
1. What is the website address?
2. How much is the fee for the copy?
3. How long will it take if you order it online?
On GOOGLE find information on how to cite a book in MLA
1. What is the name of the website you found the information?
2. Write down the format on how to cite a book
3. What does MLA stand for?
On GOOGLE find the Unemployment Benefits website for NY residents
1.What is the website address?
2.Do you have to login?
Exercise I: Other search sites
1.Go to the address bar and type: yelp.com
2.Type in their search box a type of restaurant you are interested in
3.Click on the name of one restaurant
4.How many reviews does the restaurant have and how many stars does it have?
5.What is the nearest transit for this restaurant?